SUBMIT YOUR ARTWORK
Looking for a Publisher?
We are always on the lookout for new talent in the art world and would love to review your artwork. Please see the procedures below for information on how to submit your art.
Procedures for Submitting Artwork
- Submit photos, color copies or a CD to:
Penny Lane Publishing
Attn: Artist Coordinator
1791 Dalton Drive
New Carlisle, OH 45344
- You may also send submissions via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “artwork submission” as well as your name in the subject line. Requirements for submissions via e-mail: Send .jpeg files @ 72 dpi; maximum file size 1 MB (not to exceed 10 MB per e-mail). Please send a variety of images (at least 6-10 images) so we can get a good feel for the type of artwork you have available.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL ART
- Important note: You must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope (SASE) if you would like to have your submission returned to you. If a SASE is not included, we will file your submission for our records.
- We will contact those of you who submitted by standard mail within eight weeks of receiving your submission. Since we are unable to talk with everyone in depth the following information will provide an introduction to some of the pertinent questions you may have.
Frequently Asked Questions
- May I submit artwork if I am published by someone else? If you are currently under contract with a publishing house, we appreciate your interest, but would prefer to be contacted after your contract expires (unless your contract is non-exclusive).
- Will I be under contract with Penny Lane? If we publish any of your artwork, a contract will be negotiated beforehand in order to protect both parties. If we feel your submission fills a void in our print line, specific details of the contract (including royalties, term of contract, sub-licensing, etc.) will be discussed at that time.
- How will I be compensated? We compensate our artists on a royalty basis so when your artwork sells well, you do well. Penny Lane absorbs all the costs of publishing and marketing your artwork.
- Do I get my original artwork back and will I receive copies of my printed artwork? Artists maintain ownership and copyright to all of their artwork. After your artwork is published, the original will be returned to you. You will receive 10 complimentary prints of each of your published images.
- Will I be asked to paint specific things? If a customer requests specific subject matter we will pass this information on to the artist. Generally speaking, we prefer our artists use their own creativity when painting artwork for Penny Lane. We publish standard sizes (12×16, 16×20, 18×24) as well as unique sizes (6×36, 8×20, 20×20).
- What kind of paper is used for the prints? We use a high quality 100 lb. paper for our lithographs.
We hope that this has provided you with some answers. Thank you for your interest in Penny Lane. Good luck to you in your search for a publisher and if you are interested in self publishing please visit our Printing Services for more information.
Penny Lane Fine Art & Licensing